Friday, October 16, 2009

NaKniSweMo Yarn Stress-Test

Ok, I want to knit a sweater in November for "NaKniSweMo"
Pattern found = Oblique

The yarn however is a different story!!
Should be a heavy worsted and I need about *gawww* 1200 yards. 46" Chest
Considering I've been shedding lbs, I don't want to invest a whole lot of loot, but if its not enjoyable/soft/squishy yarn, it won't get knit!

My Options
11 skeins Valley Yarns Florence @ webs = 33$ (fuzzy)
11 skeins Swish Worsted @ knitpicks = 44$ (superwash & soft!)
3 skeins Ecowool @ yarncountry = 55$
(4) Eco+ @ webs = 55$ w/shipping (bonus skein for another project?)
14 skeins Peruvian Sierra Aran @ elann.com =55$ (really soft?)
13 skeins Andean Silk Yarn @ knitpicks = 58$
8 skeins City Tweed HW Yarn @ knitpicks = 64$ (purty!)
15 skeins Mirasol Miski @ webs = 67$ (dreamy soft!)
9 skeins Aslan Trends Guanaco @ webs = 98$ if a were a rich girl.. nana nana nana na....

decisions...decisions :(

No comments: